Getting Healthy, Fit And Energized
Saturday, September 27, 2014
10:00 AM to 3:0 0PM
1254 Pleasant Street SE
Washington, DC 20020
Come out to enjoy:
Free Food and Beverages
Free Health Screenings
Gift Card Giveaways
And so much more!
Metro TeenAIDS (MTA) is a community health organization dedicated to partnering with young people to end HIV/AIDS. Through education, support, and advocacy, MTA works to prevent the transmission of HIV, promote informed decision making, and improve the quality of life for all young people, especially those living with or impacted by HIV/AIDS. Learn more about us at www.metroteenaids.org.
Metro TeenAIDS is seeking a dynamic professional to join our Prevention team. This position is responsible for operating the mobile unit during all testing and outreach events. This person will be responsible for picking up and dropping off the mobile unit from the parking lot, transporting it to the office to be loaded and unloaded, and transporting it to and from all event and outreach locations in a timely manner. The position is also responsible for daily maintenance of the mobile unit, the completion of pre and post-trip inspections, and for reporting all maintenance needs. The position reports directly to the CTR Manager.
- Operate mobile health unit on designated routes throughout Washington, DC and the surrounding metro areas during testing/outreach events
- Performs pre-trip inspection procedure to prepare the vehicle for travel
- Performs site preparation procedures to set up the vehicle for operation once at destination
- Performs vehicle’s shut down procedures and post-trip inspection upon returning the vehicle to parking space
- Performs fueling and refueling the unit before and after events
- Performs basic upkeep of the unit(s) including: emptying the trash, sweeping the floor, dusting surfaces, and periodic emptying of the unit’s waste tank.
- Performs other set up or break down duties to assist staff during outreach and events
- Responsible for communicating any maintenance needs to CTR Manager and Director of Operations
- Must be willing and able to perform physically demanding work outdoors, in all types of weather conditions
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Performs other associated duties as needed
- High school diploma or GED required
- Clean driving record
- Experience working with youth
- Knowledge of Washington, DC neighborhoods
- Ability to work flexible hours in a very active and dynamic environment, evenings and weekends required
- Sensitivity to MTA’s unique culture
Experience in a non-profit, youth, or HIV/ health-related field
Pay range is $14-$15 an hour at 20 hours per week. This position is part-time, based in MTA’s Washington, D.C. office. Finalists must agree to a background check.
How To Apply
Send a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest and your resume to email@example.com. Include job title in subject line. No phone calls please.
Metro TeenAIDS is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. MTA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. MTA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values team work, collaboration, creativity, and diversity.