Lighting The Way; Promoting, Enhancing, & Empowering Individuals, Families & Communities To Thrive!!
Our primary work is connecting people to resources, advocacy, and empowering individuals and families to seek, access, and participate in a wide range of services and activities that will improve the conditions of their lives. We strive to provide services that assist the community in meeting unmet needs as such we participate in the broader continuum of care and resources available in the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
We provide health information resources, assist in the location of community resources, with community partners we provide access to health screenings including general health awareness and prevention screenings and HIV, Hepatitis C, and other sexually transmitted infection screenings. With our ministerial partner we provide youth engagement activities, safe space activities for LGBTQ youth, family support services, and counseling.
Among the services we provide are
- FREE Monthly health screenings (held at 1254 Pleasant Street SE, Washington, DC 20020)
- Community awareness and holistic health fairs
- Ujima Eshé HIV Awareness and behavioral change program
- Community advocacy
- Individual and family services
- Youth programming
- Referral services
- Spiritual support services and referrals; including counseling support services